Monday 27 June 2022

Monday Morning...

Image shared from Pinterest.

I'm looking forward to a bright new week, and I'm eager to have my family back as they've been away on holiday, but honestly, my world just isn't the same without them. 

I've been busy though. I have completed Chapter 5 which has taken a while, and I needed to write a bit of a hairy scene, involving a murder and that was difficult. I'm not sure about anyone else but I struggle to write those sort of scenes. I guess when you're so invested in a story, you live with your characters every day, and I know it might sound silly but its quite hard to say goodbye to any one of them. Anyway the scene just needs reviewing and and edit to complete. 

Chapter 6 is a chapter I'm looking forward to writing, because it belongs to Annie Essie, who is Alma's mother, and Arthur's wife. Over the months I've written notes on all of my characters, and I usually gather those, and re-read, which gives me a whole lot of material to work with. I have lots on Alice, because although she isn't always a big part of the novel, she is significant and the reason the story takes on its purpose. 

There is always something the protagonist has to go through to achieve their aim and that often means within their purpose there are lots of battles, struggles, and experiences, as they progress through the story. Dreaming up plots, has been especially good for me, as I like planning and daydreaming. 

Anyway if you're still with me, thank-you. I'd like to wish you a wonderful week in whatever you do. 

MJ   

No comments:

Post a Comment