Monday 20 June 2022

Another Day...


 

Today went well, even though I was dog sitting, and writing in-between a carers duty. A good word count and an interesting day, pretending to be various characters, and plotting their planners. I particularly love being Isabelle, she is fearless and knows what she wants. I'm looking forward to playing Alma Essie, and seeing how she reacts when she finds out that Isabelle is not the person she thought she was. I know all the characters, the building, and the grounds of Arden Manor. To me its real. Every Character has a story and each chapter will be designed for their story... not sure if it'll work, but I'm trying it anyway. 

My writing journey is progressing, and my tools-of-the-trade are getting me by... I light a candle, flip my hourglass timer, and make sure I have a drink, then I'm good to go. Its practice, practice, practice... I want to work on perfecting the craft, and trying to be the best I can be. I have already said previously that there is no pressure, and my expectations are low, because I found writing and it helped to heal me. something happens when I sit down and tap, tap, tap the keys of my trusty lap-top. 

I just want to be clear... having low expectations doesn't mean I don't want to be published, I do, but, I know its hard out there, so many gifted writers, and the publishing world isn't easy to step into. I enjoy writing, and I'm happy and grateful to be in a position to do it. 

Until, again... 

MJ Ewen 

No comments:

Post a Comment