Wednesday 12 May 2010

I watched Avatar.. and loved it!

When the film started to roll I shivered. I felt as if I had closed my eyes and was watching a sequence of events I was very familiar with...

Avatar for me is my own recurring dream, creatively brought to life... A wonderful breathtaking story set in a far away future, based around an ex-Marine who very sadly loses his twin brother and then finds himself thrust into conflict on an alien planet... A planet which is magically filled with exotic, alien life forms. When the marine closes his eyes, he opens them to find he is an Avatar, who is still cleverly in possession of his own human mind within an alien body. Extraordinarily he finds himself torn between the two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the native people.

From all accounts it took James Cameron more than ten years to make. Some may think it’s more impressive on a technical level rather than a piece of storytelling, but for me, Avatar will always be beautiful yet haunting, a singular gift of inventive, absorbing film-making. For those of you who are able to watch the film on a deeper level, you have to know rightly or wrongly, for me it was confirmation, that eventually when we go for that final sleep... We simply close our eyes and wake up in another world.

Here's something I very rarely say... I can't wait to watch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment