Friday 5 March 2010

My world wobbled...

When the world throws stuff at us and it seems to be one thing after another, there’s bound to be an overload... Consequently if we’re not prepared we momentarily wobble...

Not a nice feeling, all those highly charged confused emotional thoughts jumbled together with mixed-up feelings which often seem to be very unsure in which direction to blow...

Unfortunately we usually throw them at those closest to us. This can be a bad idea but for the most part I’ve seen and experienced it to be completely understood... usually as a rule, after the cool down period kicks in... On the other hand in some cases it could be sucked inwards, from all accounts that’s not a good idea either and will eventually result in complete melt-down. Some people seem to wobble then swiftly get over it. Others seem to take a little longer but still they surface on the other side none the worse after their ordeal... Sadly there are others who rock and reel from their dreadful experiences after it turns into their worst nightmare. Trial after trial they feel tormented by their worst suffering. Eventually this leaves them no choice but to seek medical intervention... if they don’t seek help then eventually they have it forced upon them, usually because they’ve become unresponsive to professionals, family and friends whose anxiety for their safety becomes paramount.

It’s sad when you know something’s wrong yet your unable to describe the problem. On occasion I've heard People say to the affected person, what’s wrong? The age old answer returns time and time again... I don’t know, if I knew I’d sort it out. The body is a magical instrument, it has its very own safety device to help us out even if it has to temporarily shut us down whilst we recover and heal... In my own wobble I was totally amazed at the way my sleep pattern doubled in length and each day I clearly recognised a calmer feeling return inside. When this happens, confidence starts to return and you begin to feel more reassured about your health including your surroundings. If you’re fortunate enough to have family and friends, it's been well documented that your recovery time speeds up. We mustn't lose sight though that in taking that one step forward it can be two steps back...

Sadly from what I’ve been advised about our lonely isolated individuals, is that it can take slightly longer... but I’m hopeful, if your out there in the big wide world and skilfully one of life’s many observers then will you please kindly stretch out your supportive hands to help... we all need somebody. We also need to be good role models. My declaration..... Is this, if I spot you my friend that somebody will be me?

Links....Mental Health Links. http://www.ukppg.org.uk/links.html

“There’s an Angel out there with your name on... they'll walk with you to light up you're way... Never lose faith... keep your minds open... the message is there; just sometimes it takes a while to understand as their whisper is always so near..... Author Jane Rowlands. 11-03-10

No comments:

Post a Comment