Monday 17 August 2009

Time stands still.......

I have many favourite photographs...... Clicking that button gives time permission to stand still. Captured in a memory forever..............

These gorgeous images represent a very special time in my life. Its October 2008.... We were fortunate enough to be able to spend 2 whole weeks in Portugal. So many pictures were taken. Meticulously stored to the computer, then to ipod for back up.... So many precious memory's together with special times... Which by the way brings me right back to one of the reasons I wanted to write this short piece ... Since starting to write It's come to my attention the space you're in, including the space you use is really important. Maybe some writers are able to write anywhere........ I have discovered, if I have a room with a view then my writing flows easily and has depth, it also displays a full heart of feeling.... When I'm at home, I write facing an enormous evergreen tree that stands approximately 20ft in my garden, its magnificent, full, thick and lush ....

A few years ago when my man and I started travelling to Scotland, I first thought about the importance of views which included how they made you feel. We booked our B&B which is wonderfully located on the beach.... I will never forget the first time I walked into the guests lounge/dining room... Its rich colours and texture were complimented by the most beautiful traditional mahogany furniture. With eyes wide open taking in every tiny detail, I knew for the first time in my life I was actually standing inside a room I had only dreamed about.....Warm wonderful family pictures hung proudly.... everything pristine, including a stunning bay-window. Its wide, full length ceiling to floor overlooked a picturesque view of the sea. I clearly recall how I proclaimed to my other half "if I sat infront of a view like this, I know my ideas would be boundless"

One day... my dream, to be able to sit with my desk pointing towards the sea, mountains and trees to the right and left of me. Being a visual person, I know without a doubt that would be the answer to my own heaven... Well come on.... we can all dream can't we? Making the dream a reality is the key and one day I will do just that ... You watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment