Monday 14 November 2022

Lets all Be Kind...

 

I live for the moments I can put Magic into my words.... 

Whilst watching TV today, I was reminded of the Be Kind Campaign.

My heart went out to the mum's who'd lost their children to suicide, and how their deaths were due to being relentlessly bullied in school... by their peers.  Young people, who were just like them, and who continued to hurt these beautiful souls. 

I was also bullied as a child,  and not just in school.  I would leave an abusive home and vomit on my way to school, because I was fearful of the constant barrage of abuse in all of my locations.  

Physical, and mental. 

I'm older now, and often wonder how I recovered...

Thankfully I was removed from the abuse, and it was said I survived because somehow I became resilient, and able to distance myself. I was one of the lucky ones, and healed. But, its super important for us all to be good role-models, and show our babies, and our young people that being kind, gentle, and compassionate, is the only way to be. It's also true that being kind is much better for us and our own well-being, than it is to be unkind, and nasty. 

Do not be responsible for hurting hearts and souls, or for making others feel like they don't want to be here... we're all connected, we just need to remember that we really do rise when we lift others.

for those of us following the Be Kind Movement...

Be Kind was established in 2015 with the aim of celebrating and amplifying the power of kindness through education. Our passion lies in developing emotional intelligence (EQ) skills using the medium of film to influence, impact and embed 10 values of kindness in children and young people.

https://www.bekindmovement.co.uk/ 


MJ Ewen

No comments:

Post a Comment