Saturday 19 November 2022

Aleta...

The Loft is a place in my mind where my characters begin, 
and stay until they have a job... 
 
Glamorous, pink and fluffy, with lots of ding-a-ma-bling, startled, black eyebrows, 
false lashes, and lashings of blood red lipstick. Yeah you got it... I may have a little problem here.

She came with the loudest noise. I heard her before I saw her, and then I began to wish she wasn’t here. That’s how I felt when I caught sight of my latest Character, who had recently joined us at 'The Loft' in my mind...  Talk about flamboyant, loud and brash. She looks like she belongs on a float in a carnival, and here she is, ordering everyone around, as if she owns the place.  I ask her to be respectful of others, but my goodness the look she gave sent shivers down my spine, however, it did render her speechless, and I’m guessing that doesn’t  happen often.

I introduce myself, and ask her name... her response makes me smile. 
“They call me Aleta, she shouts"
On seeing my quizzical expression, her animated eyes roll to the back of her head, but  she carry's on regardless...

“Aleta, Aleta, Aleta, but here’s the funny part, it means, Truthful... Mythological Goddess of Truth, but listen hunny-bunny, and you take it from me, I aint that” she huffs and chuffs... throws her head back, laughing like a crazed hyena. I thought, Oh my lord, what the heck am I going to do with this one?

Looking up to the double doors of the loft, I see a few characters smile peevishly, as they close the doors, quietly.. 

Oh no, they obviously don't want her in... I think I feel a tantrum coming.  

~MJ Ewen~

(A re-edit from 2014) Image from Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment