Monday 12 December 2022

Virginia...


 Let me introduce myself... 
My name is Virginia.

I have to say I have no idea why my parents called me Virginia. To me the name dictates a strong, brave women, who would intuitively protect those around her, and due to silly curiosity, I looked up its meaning... I was surprised to discover it meant, pure, virgin bride, and chaste... well I don't think so, how the hell do you think I cornered my victims? The only person I want to protect, is me... so for your own safety, if you're weak, and present as vulnerable, stay the hell away.    

I grew up amongst Monsters, and quickly Iearned how to stay safe. I figured out that if you scanned your surroundings then the feedback would infiltrate you, with the information you'd need... I learned so much, I had all the answers, which meant I'd always have my say, and being in control is paramount. 

I'm everybody's friend, until I'm not. 

It all started with pain, and then those damn voices came.

I quickly learned to achieve the skills I'd use to my advantage.  At a young age I became use to assessing, and reporting.  This was how I became able to design an internal pilot scheme, to get rid of certain individuals who I knew would become a drain in my world.

The scheme was specific and I followed my guidelines to the letter... anything else just wouldn't do. 

From an early age I sensed the stranger inside of me, the stranger whispered its lies, and told stories to claim victims. She was relentless, even I felt anxious of the lengths she would go to.

...Things happened to her, terrible things, things she doesn't ever want to discuss or think about. So, if you ever meet Virginia, for God's sake don't show any sensitivity or weakness, because, if it's one thing she detests, it's someone who may let her down... 

MJ Ewen 

No comments:

Post a Comment