Tuesday 23 August 2022

Find Me...


Image shared from Pinterest 

She's tiny, a frail looking child who will tell you she's a woman, and unfortunately she behaves like one. except for when she remembers. When she remembers, the veil drops and she disappears.  

Her whisper came through gritted teeth... I live in my minds eye and I'll stay here until it's safe to come out. 

Why is it not safe?

Because his hand is firmly fixed on the back of my neck, he's waiting until I emerge, then he'll kill me. 

I don't see anybody.

He's a shadow...

I still don't see.

He's an invisible shadow, he's been attached to me for most of my life.

Does he have a name?

Yes, he's called Daddy.

Your father wants to kill you?

Yes.

How about we work on getting your father to let go?

He won't, he told me that would never happen.

People say things, they change their minds and things happen to reflect that change, shall we at least have a go?

Her eyes dart to the furthest corner of the room, her voice cracks.

No, I'm scared, I don't want to die.  


MJ Ewen 


No comments:

Post a Comment