Friday 10 July 2015

Just Sayin...


I want to say how thankful I am to other writers, editors, and publishers who show, share, and educate others.  I’m super-grateful for their expertise, and welcome relevant signposting so that I can develop professionally.

 
I read an article which I wouldn't dream of sharing on my Face-book writer’s page
https://www.facebook.com/Jane.Ewen?ref=hl due to its disheartening content. I am super aware, and know my limitations. I realise I’m not a 'Professional Author' it's well documented that I feel I have much to learn, and it's my dearest wish that when the time is right I'll connect with a caring professional who will help me grow.

So what’s brought these thoughts to the fore... I recently read an article where I believe an Editor disrespected a good Storyteller because of the amount of editing they had to do. I presume most self respecting writers are aware of their shortcomings, and I suspect this is why there is a delay showing, and sharing work.  When I reach the end of my manuscript it is my hope that I'll understand the process and how it must be presented for final stages.

It's my understanding that the editor decides whether or not they take on something that needs a lot of work...

For the record, education was not my families priority however, I have tried my best to make up for lost time in childhood, which means, I would want to polish any script of mine to the very best of my ability but I know, and it goes without saying, I would need support. I also know, had I been that particular person in the article I mentioned earlier, it would have knocked my confidence way back... It’s not easy to open up, and share ones thoughts, so when you get past that hurdle, and share your soul it’s negative to read that quite possibly you’ll be a 'comparison' in an article to explain whatever it was the editor needed to explain...  

Never one to finish on a negative...

Life is full of ups and downs... what we have to remember is that we hold the magic within, and it’s us who have the unquestionable ability to initiate actions to make magic sparkle... I believe this, and no one can tell me any different...

 
~Jane Ewen~
© July 2015  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment